Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > Summer Fun and Info > ATVs, ORVs & Boats
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ATVs, ORVs & Boats Discussion of your summer toys here.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Schuie
Trail Master

Default Side-by-sides

Neil,

I was looking into 4wheeling up there this summer, I'm having a couple of issues though, I have a 4wheeler but after getting a side-by-side I have no interest in getting back on it. My issue is that michigan ATV trails are only open to vehicles 50" or less. Side-by-sides, with the exception of the razor (i think) are around 60". Is there a way to get the ATV trails, around iggy designated as ORV, or a special ATV trail that allows side-by-sides as the trails will handle the larger vehicles.

also, I found a trail groomer you might be interested in for the clubs new ATV venture, here is the website. http://www.nortecmfg.com/products/RS...omer/index.php
Schuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Re: Side-by-sides

Julie and I went to the ORV Meeting a couple of week ago, and this did come up. MI ATV Trails are 50", and they have NO PLANS to make them compatible with the side-by-sides, even though they are getting heavy pressure from the manufactures.

As far as our club, and ATV trails, we are only maintaining the duel-use trails, meaning, everything we are working on you have to be able to get a groomer through. Our club is not maintaining any 50" trails - and probably will not, although we could partner with the local ATV club it that needed to be done, but they would have to get the manpower to do so.

And thanks for the link, we have been offered a demo of that machine. It can be used in snow or dirt. $28,000 tough to swallow though, as the ORV program does not fund equipment.