Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > Looking for Riders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Looking for Riders Looking for a Riding Companion? Post Here!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
ski-doo
Fan Cooled

Default This weekend Jan 26,72

Anyone going to be in the st ignace, brevort, cut river area. I will be there this weekend and no one I normally ride with can go. Dont like to ride alone so if someone else has the same problem let me know.
ski-doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
SuperSportJay
Trail Master

Default Re: This weekend Jan 26,72

There's going to be a few of us up there this weekend Doo... A couple of us are staying at the Super 8 just over the bridge. We'll be there Friday morning late/early afternoon so let me know. Thanks.
jmb73182@hotmail.com
SuperSportJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
conniver04
Trail Master

Were on the way. Coming up on Birch run exit now. Gotta love having a chauffer
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
conniver04
Trail Master

We're here!!1 What a easy drive this week. Time to have a beer! See ya on the trail tomorrow or at the Rock Bottom tonight.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Wink
Trail Master

My friends will be picking my sled up Sunday morning. So if you see some people dragging a sled out of Jim's garage at the Super 8, tell em hi.
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
conniver04
Trail Master

Well everyone the trails were in excellent condition. Not a ton of traffic on the Straits system but a ton of traffic the further north you went. The Straits club did an excellent job grooming with just one groomer. I think it should be mandatory that most groomers should have to attend a Groomer Dave grooming class and learn what they are doing out there. We seen some groomers this weekend that weren't doing anything but collecting money for the miles. We just don't know how good we have it.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Kenny, did your group ride to Grand Marais?
Gunner F5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
polaris4me
Trail Master

Hey Kenny, thanks for the trail report.
Just checked the weather up there for the week...35 for mon.& tues. then back to the teens for the rest of the week.
We will be up Feb.8 . Can't wait!

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
Wink
Trail Master

Just talked to Deb at the Super 8. She said 40 Monday and rain Tuesday. Then back in the teens and snow showers Wednesday.
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
polaris4me
Trail Master

Don't want the rain, that's for sure.

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner F5 View Post
Well mark we didnt end up on riding to Grand Marais but we rode up to Silver Creek and then rode the road back to Hulbert and then to Trout lake and back! We had a good ride
skidoodude04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner F5 View Post
Mark, We got a late start as we had to replace a hyfax on Sheila's sled. One of the track clips bent and shreaded her hyfax. We still rode up through Strongs then headed toward the falls via trail 8. A ton of traffic up that way and very rough so stopped at Silver Creek fueled up and decided to gead back. We headed N Hulbert rd and stopped at Shirley's. From there to the Buckhorn and then home. All and all a good ride but very rough to the North. The Soo had their run, Brimley was having a fun run, Paradise was having radar runs and then to top it off Indiana had a state club ride in starting from Brimley so plenty of traffic to deal with.

Right now its in the mid 20's and the snow is excellent. Toddmeister groomed this morning and said the trails were ion great shape. He went from St Ignace to Cut river and then to Brevort and reported great conditions. He will post some pics when he gets home. He's driving alone and don't have the luxury of having a chauffer and sitting in the back seat playing on the neton the way home Hopefully the weather will be good to us and get cold quick. Theres enough snow that it should hold up ok. Think snow and hurry up Friday
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Hey Kenny I posted some pics from this morning in the Trail Conditions section.

See ya next weekend!
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #14
Griz
Trail Master

Wish we could have gotten up there again but I had to be somewhere else and of of course Wink had his issue. Sorry I crapped out on you guys last weekend-the mind was willing but the back was weak. Back seems OK now just a nasty tweak.
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #15
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Wish we could have gotten up there again but I had to be somewhere else and of of course Wink had his issue. Sorry I crapped out on you guys last weekend-the mind was willing but the back was weak. Back seems OK now just a nasty tweak.
I hear ya Curt, I had bruised my ribs last week plowing snow on the garden tractor, hit a frozen bump with the blade and darn near threw me on the hood, but my chest caught the steering wheel instead, ouch. Still a bit sore but managed to still have a blast this past weekend. Glad your back is better now.
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #16
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post

We sure missed ya on the ride Curt, but glad to hear the back is doing better. You gotta get rested up for that big ride you guys are doing here soon. Man I wish I could go on that one.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
conniver04
Trail Master

Jason(SupersportJay), It was great meeting you and your group (my neighbor) Sat night. Its crazy I have to travel 300 miles to meet the guy across the street I sure hope to meet up with ya and do some riding soon. Make sure to let me know the next time you guys head up.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #18
SuperSportJay
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniver04 View Post
Jason(SupersportJay), It was great meeting you and your group (my neighbor) Sat night. Its crazy I have to travel 300 miles to meet the guy across the street I sure hope to meet up with ya and do some riding soon. Make sure to let me know the next time you guys head up.
Kenny,
It was great to meet all of you guys as well. I'm really pushing to make it up in Feb for the Bent Ski Classic, but if we don't make that one we'll be up for the Poker run March 8th for sure! On the way home, Troy took the lead and we didn't make the Castle Rock rd shortcut...(he's a little A.D.D. sometimes... ) but the trails were still in great shape. I have to hand it to the groomers, the Straits trails were the best we rode the whole weekend. The first night(Fri), we rode up to trout lake and back. The second day(Sat), we rode to Taquamenon Falls Brewery through Pardise. We had pretty good trails until we hit Paradise, then it was all down hill from there. That afternoon, it felt great to hit Straits trails again after dealing with Chippewa and TASA trails... Also, the Super 8 was great. Deb and Faith were great and the room was spotless. They even held the hot tub open for us an extra hour on Saturday night; We'll definately stay there in trips-to-come and that couldn't be soon enough if it were tomorrow. Thanks to everyone involved for a great trip.
jmb73182@hotmail.com
SuperSportJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSportJay View Post
Kenny,
It was great to meet all of you guys as well. I'm really pushing to make it up in Feb for the Bent Ski Classic, but if we don't make that one we'll be up for the Poker run March 8th for sure! On the way home, Troy took the lead and we didn't make the Castle Rock rd shortcut...(he's a little A.D.D. sometimes... ) but the trails were still in great shape. I have to hand it to the groomers, the Straits trails were the best we rode the whole weekend. The first night(Fri), we rode up to trout lake and back. The second day(Sat), we rode to Taquamenon Falls Brewery through Pardise. We had pretty good trails until we hit Paradise, then it was all down hill from there. That afternoon, it felt great to hit Straits trails again after dealing with Chippewa and TASA trails... Also, the Super 8 was great. Deb and Faith were great and the room was spotless. They even held the hot tub open for us an extra hour on Saturday night; We'll definately stay there in trips-to-come and that couldn't be soon enough if it were tomorrow. Thanks to everyone involved for a great trip.
Jason, Next time you come up we'll get together and ride and we'll show ya that cut off. Hopefully you can make the bent ski run as were gonna have a good group for that one
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #20
Floyd
Trail Master

Thumbs up Re: This weekend Jan 26,72

Quote:
We sure missed ya on the ride Curt, but glad to hear the back is doing better. You gotta get rested up for that big ride you guys are doing here soon. Man I wish I could go on that one.
Hey Kenny, there's room for another 1 on the "Big Ride" in Feb. Why don't you kick your staff in gear and sell everything before the trip... then take the week off and go with us!!!
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #21
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post

Hey Kenny, there's room for another 1 on the "Big Ride" in Feb. Why don't you kick your staff in gear and sell everything before the trip... then take the week off and go with us!!!

Floyd, You don't know how bad I would love to go on that trip. I sure hope that next year if you guys do it again that I'm invited cause I will be there for sure!
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
Floyd
Trail Master

Quote:
Floyd, You don't know how bad I would love to go on that trip. I sure hope that next year if you guys do it again that I'm invited cause I will be there for sure!
Wink has been doing the Cross Country trips for longer than I have known him. The first time I went on one with him was back around '96. From then on I was hooked. We used to run from Wetmore to Houghton the first day, the Keweenaw up to Copper Harbor and back to Houghton the next, and back to Wetmore on the third day (with usually a lengthy stay at the Buckhorn to top it off!) Probably the best riding I have ever done. You wouldn't be disappointed if you go, that's for sure!
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote