Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > Area Information & Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Area Information & Discussion Discuss the Straits Area - Ask a Question or Post your Experience

Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #26
SuperSportJay
Trail Master

Default Re: Introduce Yourself !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniver04 View Post
Jason, I live just north of ya in Newport and go to Moran every weekend come Jan1. Anytime your looking for someone to ride with just shout.
Thanks for the invite Kenny! I'll keep that in mind, I'm going to shoot for making a few more trips this year than I did last year so hopefully that happens!
SuperSportJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #27
ridgerunner
Junior Rider

hello i'm Gary i live in cincinnati, use to sled in northen MN
hopefully next year i'll ride in MI my girlfriend used to live there
she's gonna take me to MI and show me around
ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #28
lov2sled
Trail Master

I never got around to doing this last year so ....HI my name is Jo Ann. I live in White Lake, MI. I have always been a POLARIS rider. Currently I have a 2006 Switchback FST that I have been riding for the past 2 years. I like it a lot, but have been snow deprived. I am an Engineering Manager for an major auto supplier & that puts me out of town way too much in the winter months & I end up cancelling a lot of planned rides with friends So when I am around for the week-end, & want to put together an impromtu ride , I am usually looking for people to hook up with on the trails.
________
redheaded Webcam

Last edited by lov2sled : 04-18-2011 at 11:36 PM.
lov2sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #29
srtf1000
Trail Master

Hello my name is Steve. I am from the Port Huron area. I am coming up to Brevort this week and will try to come up every weekend since I am laid-off. I have an 07 machz and all of my buddies that I ride with all have 07 machz's.
srtf1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #30
ridgerunner
Junior Rider

hello steve and jo ann.. my girlfriend sent me this link and
i found one about the trail condition
ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
Jackolb
Fan Cooled

Hello all, Jonathan from Milford, MI. I have always used the local trails since I have alot of family in the area. I hope to making another trip this year hope to see you all out there!
Jackolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #32
Snow VP
Administrator

Welcome !
Old 02-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #33
jetfire
I'm New Here

hello i'm ridgerunner i forgot my password i reregistered again
jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #34
catgirl428
Liquid Cooled

Hi our names our Stan & Karen Jones.
We have had a cabin in Brevort for 4 yrs. now and we love the Straits Area Snowmobile Trails....They are always in top-notch condition when the weather allows. We appreciate all of the groomers and club members who put their time & effort into this trail system.

We live in Highland, Michigan and both work full-time but try to spend as much time across the bridge as possible.....so we usually travel up on weekends.

We ride green obviously.....Green F7 and Black ZL600...see ya on the trails.........

Last edited by catgirl428 : 02-05-2008 at 07:48 PM.
catgirl428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #35
Pistol Pete
Fan Cooled

Smile Re: Introduce Yourself !!

my Name is Pete and my Wife Sandy we have 2 boys and we all ride we have 1phazer 1 'prowler 1 mach1 and 1formula Z we all ride ATVs and sleds and we will be up 2-15-08 til 2-17-08 to Check out the UP trails for the first timeReally looking forward to this trip waves:
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #36
lov2sled
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl428 View Post
Hi our names our Stan & Karen Jones.
We have had a cabin in Brevort for 4 yrs. now and we love the Straits Area Snowmobile Trails....They are always in top-notch condition when the weather allows. We appreciate all of the groomers and club members who put their time & effort into this trail system.

We live in Highland, Michigan and both work full-time but try to spend as much time across the bridge as possible.....so we usually travel up on weekends.

We ride green obviously.....Green F7 and Black ZL600...see ya on the trails.........
Hey Karen & Stan,
Looks like we are a few miles apart on the home front. Let me know when you guys head up & maybe we can hook up on the trails. even though you ride green.....
________
Vaporizer home made

Last edited by lov2sled : 04-18-2011 at 11:36 PM.
lov2sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #37
JohnCTB
Junior Rider

Hello,
My name is John TenBrink, I live in New Era Michigan
I ride an 04 Sabercat 700 LX.
I try to get to the UP to ride at least once a season. I've ridden everywhere in the eastern UP.
I like to ride groomed trails at a "brisk" safe pace. I am not too fond of off trail riding in really deep snow, but some logging roads and two tracks can be fun. I currently do not have any regular riding partners and would like to meet some people with similar riding styles to ride with.

John
JohnCTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #38
catgirl428
Liquid Cooled

HI LOVE2SLED/JOANN.......WE WILL BE UP FOR THE POKER RUN THIS WEEKEND....IF YOUR HEADING UP, HOPE WE WILL BE ABLE TO FINALLY MEET.
KAREN
catgirl428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 AM   #39
indootime
Trail Master

Im Pat from Washington Twp. All my snowmobiling is out of Brevort. My wife and I love the trails in the area. It is by far the best groomed and safest trails I have been on. I have been all over on a snowmobile and I still feel the Straits/Brevort is home. We both ride Ski Doos but we have a Arctic Cat as a spare a Kitty Cat for my daughter and a Polaris 120 for my son. My goal is to start Grooming and get more involved with what it takes to keep our trails in such wonderful condition.

Pat
indootime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #40
Snow VP
Administrator

A warm welcome going out to our late season additions!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #41
RENX13
Junior Rider

Hi all, my name is Jeff and I live in Macomb Township Michigan located in the northern suburbs of Detroit. My son Casey (Casey14 on this site), daughter Nicole, and myself ride the area around Brevort Lake. My wife Dianne doesn’t ride but sometimes makes the trip with us to keep us all in line, plus we really enjoy having Mom there. We’ll ride to Cut River, or Trout Lake. Sometimes we’ll venture over to Newberry, or occasionally we ride up to Paradise, or see the falls. My sister & brother-in-law, as well as good friend Rick have place’s on Brevort Lake, so we usually stay there or in Saint Ignace when we come up to ride. When we’re not sledding we're usually out ice fishing on Brevort Lake. We have all been riding for about five years and really love, and enjoy riding in the U.P. I myself ride a 04 Skidoo 600 Renegade X, Casey rides an 05 Arctic Cat 700 SnoPro, and Nicole rides a 01 Skidoo MXZ 700.

Jeff
RENX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #42
SuperSportJay
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENX004 View Post
Hi all, my name is Jeff and I live in Macomb Township Michigan located in the northern suburbs of Detroit. My son Casey (Casey14 on this site), daughter Nicole, and myself ride the area around Brevort Lake. My wife Dianne doesn’t ride but sometimes makes the trip with us to keep us all in line, plus we really enjoy having Mom there. We’ll ride to Cut River, or Trout Lake. Sometimes we’ll venture over to Newberry, or occasionally we ride up to Paradise, or see the falls. My sister & brother-in-law, as well as good friend Rick have place’s on Brevort Lake, so we usually stay there or in Saint Ignace when we come up to ride. When we’re not sledding we're usually out ice fishing on Brevort Lake. We have all been riding for about five years and really love, and enjoy riding in the U.P. I myself ride a 04 Skidoo 600 Renegade X, Casey rides an 05 Arctic Cat 700 SnoPro, and Nicole rides a 01 Skidoo MXZ 700.

Jeff
Nice to meet you Jeff! Hope to see you around the area this winter!
jmb73182@hotmail.com
SuperSportJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #43
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENX004 View Post

Jeff
Welcome. Its a great club to be associated with. If I'm up there I'm on Brevort lake also. We ride 3 mxz 600 rev's all black and usually hanging around the lake or the Rock bottom. If you see us just say hi.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #44
irishmanusa
Fan Cooled

Talking Re: Introduce Yourself !!

Hi All!

My name is Mark Madden, the wife and I live in Somerset, MI. We recently purchased property on Lake Huron, and plan to build and retire up in the UP! I purchased my first sled ever last year, a used (2003) Doo mxz, and rode the trails from St. Ignace to Cedarville and back...twice in the first day. The trails were so awesome and well maintained, I totally fell in love with sledin'. Now i'm hooked, and looking for my first trip up this year in the snow. I go in the middle of the week, and alone, so anybody wants to Head East on the trails...drop me a line - I'd enjoy the company...and safety.

Great club, glad I found you!!!!
irishmanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #45
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Welcome to the site, Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmanusa View Post
Hi All!

My name is Mark Madden, the wife and I live in Somerset, MI. We recently purchased property on Lake Huron, and plan to build and retire up in the UP! I purchased my first sled ever last year, a used (2003) Doo mxz, and rode the trails from St. Ignace to Cedarville and back...twice in the first day. The trails were so awesome and well maintained, I totally fell in love with sledin'. Now i'm hooked, and looking for my first trip up this year in the snow. I go in the middle of the week, and alone, so anybody wants to Head East on the trails...drop me a line - I'd enjoy the company...and safety.

Great club, glad I found you!!!!
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #46
jkoz2002
I'm New Here

Hi everyone,
Hi, I'm Jerry,I live in Troy, new to the site but not new to snowmobiling. I started riding back in 73 and have been gong since then. I just recently retired this summer as a firefighter and I have all kinds of time to ride. The problem is, why I was working it was hard to get time off from work as other guys also rode. Now that I have the time there is no one available. I rode most of the state and I like the St. Ignance area the best. Anyway, I plan on joining the club and I would like to meet some people to come up and ride with. So if anyone or any group would like would like an extra rider let me know. Thanks everyone, Jerry, Ski Doo, Yamaha triples. jkoz2002@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by jkoz2002 : 01-05-2009 at 10:21 PM.
jkoz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #47
clifton
Trail Master

Hello to all of the snowmobilers. We are the Clifton Family from London Ohio. James, Cindy, Robert and Cory. We have a house in Moran Mi as well. We have been riding snowmobiles in the UP since 1981. We try to participate in all of the Poker Runs that the clubs offer. Robert and Cory really enjoy participating in these. We ride approx. 1800 miles a season. This is mostly coming up on the week-ends. Our children have been riding on their own since they were three years old. We all enjoy coming to the UP. It is a beatiful place to come and relax and get away.
clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #48
Dave M
Liquid Cooled

Hello..

My name is Dave and I have a sledding addiction..

I got back into sledding 3 years ago, and my wife is new to the sport...Looking to come that way and check out the trails since we are both up virgins. Yes we live under a rock.

Last edited by Dave M : 01-09-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: can't speell
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #49
Floyd
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton View Post
Hello to all of the snowmobilers. We are the Clifton Family from London Ohio. James, Cindy, Robert and Cory. We have a house in Moran Mi as well. We have been riding snowmobiles in the UP since 1981. We try to participate in all of the Poker Runs that the clubs offer. Robert and Cory really enjoy participating in these. We ride approx. 1800 miles a season. This is mostly coming up on the week-ends. Our children have been riding on their own since they were three years old. We all enjoy coming to the UP. It is a beatiful place to come and relax and get away.
Welcome to the site, James. It's nice to see some fellow BUCKEYES on here! My work travels take me through London quite often, so I'm cetainly familiar with your home base. There are a few of us on here (Wink, Griz, Con-fusion, and myself) that live about 80 miles NW of London. Please don't tell me you live at the correctional facility
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #50
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Welcome to the site, Dave...

You'll both love riding in the UP!

I also suffer (if you can call it suffering LOL ) from sledding addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Hello...

My name is Dave and I have a sledding addition..

I got back into sledding 3 years ago, and my wife is new to the sport...Looking to come that way and check out the trails since we are both up virgins. Yes we live under a rock
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote