Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > Looking for Riders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Looking for Riders Looking for a Riding Companion? Post Here!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #51
polaris4me
Trail Master

Default Re: This weekend

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:13 AM   #52
conniver04
Trail Master

Well it was a great ride for sure. We had a great time. We had a great group today. We had Todd(Toddmeister), Wife Linda, Randy(Wink), Curt(Grizz), Mark(Gunner05), Wife Danielle and son Matt, Jerry, Cook, Fritz, Me(conniver04), Wife Sheila, and son Matt(skidoodude04). We covered some miles and had our own poker run. Matt gunner05's son won with 3 of a kind and didn't even buy a round at the finishing spot Were gonna have to teach him how to treat people sometime soon . The trails were awesome. We went North toward Hulbert, Strongs area and everything was great. We seen one wreck on the trail and I sure hope that guy is ok. well time to go and hope to see everyone soon.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #53
Skeet
Trail Master

Sounds like you had a good ride. Thanks for the pics.

2013 F-150 SuperCrew EcoBoost
2014 Viper LTX
Skeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #54
SmittyAllSeason
Trail Master

Glad you guys had a good ride. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the next week at least.
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 w/ 26" ITP Mudlites, 60" Cycle Country Plow
SmittyAllSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #55
conniver04
Trail Master

The weather looks like it will stay cold for sure, It was -12 this morning. Can't wait to get back up there Friday.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #56
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Here are a few pics from our group ride on Saturday. These were taken atop an old quarry, and you can see the Soo to the north on a clear day...

First pic is looking out at the quarry.

Second is a partial group shot
From left, Yours truly, Fritz, my lovely wifey, Jerry, Matt (front), Rich (behind Matt), Sheila, Gunner05, Matt, and Danielle

Third pic is Gunner05 and Conniver

Fourth pic is Jerry and Wink

We met up at the Deere Feed Stop about 10:15 am, headed out and went to Trout Lake, stopped at the Buckhorn to warm up and draw our first card. (We had our own "Fun Run", thanks for setting this up Wink!) Winks friend Curt had a sore back from the previous day's ride and he decided to go back to St. Ignace to keep an eye on the hot tub. Hope your back feels better Grizz! Next we went on to Shirley's in Hulbert. Between Trout Lake and the Hulbert/Strongs/Trout Lake tee, we passed an accident scene, did not look good. Several other sleds were already at the site, so we slowly drove by, and then continued on to Hulbert. Had lunch at Shirley's, drew our cards, and then we moved on to Strongs and stopped at the Crosscut (it is open again) to warm up and have a drink, and draw a card. Gassed up and continued towards Raco, but then headed South on the Dick Road back towards the Scenic Quarry Lookout. After the quarry stop we continued back to Moran and met up at the Rock Bottom for dinner and drinks. Also drew our last cards. Gunner05's son Matt ended up winning with 3 of a kind, Congrats Matt!

Another fun successful ride, trails were nice, and it was COOOLLLLLDDDDDD! Thanks to the Straits Club for hosting this forum and allowing all of us to meet up, ride and have a great time!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0855.jpg (292.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0859.jpg (285.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0861.jpg (281.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0862.jpg (283.8 KB, 62 views)
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.

Last edited by ToddMeister : 01-20-2008 at 08:57 PM.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #57
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniver04 View Post
The weather looks like it will stay cold for sure, It was -12 this morning. Can't wait to get back up there Friday.
Them diesels sure rolled over slow this morning, eh Kenny?
M.S.A.

Last edited by ToddMeister : 01-20-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #58
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMeister View Post
Them diesels sure rolled over slow this morning, eh Kenny?
It was cold for sure. At least the sun was out.

"Thanks to the Straits Club for hosting this forum and allowing all of us to meet up, ride and have a great time!!!!!!!"

I can't say this enough times. This forum has made me some good friends and great times not only riding but in the off season also. Thanks Neil and the entire club for this forum. We had another sucessful trip meeting together.

I sure hope that guy on the trail is ok. It didn't look real good but I pray it came out ok. Be safe out there all.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #59
Wink
Trail Master

Couple more pics if this works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0017_1_1.JPG (218.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0018_1_1.JPG (185.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0022_1_1.JPG (250.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0023_1_1.JPG (265.2 KB, 55 views)
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #60
Wink
Trail Master

Had a great ride with all of you. Met some more great people. The snowmobile fraternity is fantastic.
Kenny & Sheila and Mark & Danielle you have some young men to be proud of. Today, most kids that age are spoiled, whiny little %#$@&*'s. I enjoyed being around your boys. They can ride with me anytime.
Had some bad luck Sunday. Curt and I were riding towards Engadine and I roached a piston. Curt towed me into Engadine and that wonderful Jerry brought a trailer and took me back to St. Ignace. Great to have friends like that. Will have to go back and get my sled this week or I have some friends coming back from Seney on Sunday that offered to pick it up for me. Not sure yet what the cause may have been, but I'm suspecting a cracked throttle body boot. Will do a pressure test when I get it home. Hopefully when I get it done I will still have some money left to come back up.
Thanks again to all of you for your new friendship. Looking forward to more rides in the future.

Wink
Old 01-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #61
conniver04
Trail Master

Here are a few more pics....

1) Wink holding class

2) The smoked fish snack trailside
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.

Last edited by conniver04 : 05-18-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #62
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink View Post
Had a great ride with all of you. Met some more great people. The snowmobile fraternity is fantastic.
Kenny & Sheila and Mark & Danielle you have some young men to be proud of. Today, most kids that age are spoiled, whiny little %#$@&*'s. I enjoyed being around your boys. They can ride with me anytime.
Had some bad luck Sunday. Curt and I were riding towards Engadine and I roached a piston. Curt towed me into Engadine and that wonderful Jerry brought a trailer and took me back to St. Ignace. Great to have friends like that. Will have to go back and get my sled this week or I have some friends coming back from Seney on Sunday that offered to pick it up for me. Not sure yet what the cause may have been, but I'm suspecting a cracked throttle body boot. Will do a pressure test when I get it home. Hopefully when I get it done I will still have some money left to come back up.
Thanks again to all of you for your new friendship. Looking forward to more rides in the future.

Wink
Wink, Thank you very much. You don't know how much that means to Sheila and I. We had a great time also and you, Curt, and Floyd are welcome with us anytime.

Sorry to hear about your breakdown. That Jerry sure is a good guy. I will be going up this weekend and could bring it back for ya Wink. If your other deal doesn't work out or if you need anything just say so and I will get it done.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #63
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Wink, you are sure fun to ride with and had a good idea about the whole poker run that was fun.. Sorry to hear about the sled and hope ya get it fixed and can come up riding some more. When u hear of sled problems the name that comes to mind is jerrry but now there is a new name on the list unfortunately Well hope to be riding with ya soon this weekend was fun had a blast! And hope ur back is feeling better kurt!
skidoodude04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #64
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink View Post

Wink
Thanks for the kind words Wink. Danyele, Matt, and I had a great time on the ride. Man, that was a cold (brrrrrrrr!) ride home from the Rock Bottom Sat. nite for sure. Matt said anytime you want to have another poker run, he's all in! I did inform him however of the admin costs associated with winning (ie: buying a round at the last stop) !
Gunner F5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:20 AM   #65
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Quote:
Well it was a great ride for sure. We had a great time. We had a great group today. We had Todd(Toddmeister), Wife Linda, Randy(Wink), Curt(Grizz), Mark(Gunner05), Wife Danielle and son Matt, Jerry, Cook, Fritz, Me(conniver04), Wife Sheila, and son Matt(skidoodude04). We covered some miles and had our own poker run. Matt gunner05's son won with 3 of a kind and didn't even buy a round at the finishing spot Were gonna have to teach him how to treat people sometime soon . The trails were awesome. We went North toward Hulbert, Strongs area and everything was great. We seen one wreck on the trail and I sure hope that guy is ok. well time to go and hope to see everyone soon.
Wow, what can I say other than a great ride with some truly GREAT people. I know it's been said already but many THANKS to the Straights Club for this message board! Linda, you truly are a 'hardcore sledder' riding two up in that cold weather for sure. I guess it helped that you had great windblock in Todd
Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #66
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Well, when I finally got out of bed about 10:30 am (didn't set the alarm Kenny ), Danyele and I got around to some riding before ending up at the Rock Bottom for the AFC championship game. Matt stayed at the room since there was a high rpm issue on the ZR.

Here's a few pics to share. We actually found some untouched powder about a mile back off the burma grade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4300167.jpg (70.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg S4300166.jpg (68.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg S4300174.jpg (61.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg S4300177.jpg (72.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #67
Gunner F5
Trail Master

I thought I'd post one more pic before bedtime (still wound up from the trip and ride home)

If anyone can guess correctly what happened in this pic, I'll make sure to have your name on a beer of your choice at the Rock Bottom next time UP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4300175.jpg (54.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #68
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner F5 View Post
I thought I'd post one more pic before bedtime (still wound up from the trip and ride home)

If anyone can guess correctly what happened in this pic, I'll make sure to have your name on a beer of your choice at the Rock Bottom next time UP.
Someone fell off their sled

I know, here's your sign.......

I like playing on the forest roads off the Burma grade, that is a fun spot and the snow is usually deeper around there

Wifey didn't complain too much about the big wind block in front of her on Sat...
M.S.A.

Last edited by ToddMeister : 01-22-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #69
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:

I think you were saying here Danyele you can have that Cat. Bring me a doo... I'll have an E-tec

Mark, Glad you guys had a good time. When I woke up and looked at the temp and seen -12 I looked at Todd and said I sure hope Mark doens't call and wanna go to Cut River I hope to get together with you guys again soon. it was a blast
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #70
SuperSportJay
Trail Master

Do you think you guys could hold off on posting pictures and stories about last weekend until after 5pm!? I've got work to get done and after everything I start, I always end up back here to look at more pictures and posts! LOL...Come'on Friday!
jmb73182@hotmail.com
SuperSportJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #71
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSportJay View Post
Do you think you guys could hold off on posting pictures and stories about last weekend until after 5pm!? I've got work to get done and after everything I start, I always end up back here to look at more pictures and posts! LOL...Come'on Friday!
If you insist. As long as you don't come back next week doing the same thing.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #72
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
I think you were saying here Danyele you can have that Cat. Bring me a doo... I'll have an E-tec

Mark, Glad you guys had a good time. When I woke up and looked at the temp and seen -12 I looked at Todd and said I sure hope Mark doens't call and wanna go to Cut River I hope to get together with you guys again soon. it was a blast
Well... Did I win?
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #73
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Quote:
Well... Did I win?
Now how did you guess that Kenny!

Matt and I rode on Monday morning, him on my F5 and I rode the REV. All I can say is WOW, what a nice ride. Matt loves the F5 so that goes to him. Now I need to do is find another REV for Danyele
Old 01-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #74
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Now how did you guess that Kenny!

Matt and I rode on Monday morning, him on my F5 and I rode the REV. All I can say is WOW, what a nice ride. Matt loves the F5 so that goes to him. Now I need to do is find another REV for Danyele
Its amazing what my mind can do when someone offers a beer to win a trivia question.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #75
Wink
Trail Master

Got some friends who are going to pick my sled up Sunday on their way home from Seney. Anxious to get it home and diagnose the problem. Already have parts lined up including re-nicked cylinder if I need it.