Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > The Trail Head
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Trail Head General Discussion About Miscellaneous Topics Here

Old 02-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
Wink
Trail Master

Default Good luck Skidoodude04

Dood is racing this weekend in a cross country race in Minnesota. He has been asked to drive a 2015 Polaris Pro R. This is a grueling style of racing, from fields to ditches to rivers, etc.

Just pretend my son is chasing your happy butt down a power line and put it in the big gear. Kick butt buddy!!!!!

Good luck Matt.

This is probably the only time in my life I will root for a Polaris. (Sorry Snelly).

https://usxcracing.com/main/

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Last edited by Wink : 02-26-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
polaris4me
Trail Master

Default Re: Good luck Skidoodude04

After Matt rides that Pro R. Polaris could be his new sled. Good luck Matt.

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:57 PM   #3
Snow VP
Administrator

Great potential meets bad luck. Better equipment next time.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #4
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Thanks guys! Unfortunately things did not go as planned. I was riding an improved class so suspension could be whatever you want. Guy converted a pro R into an axsys rear suspension which was a great idea but the heat exchanger was nothing but a problem. He tested multiple times thru trails and such and thought he field tested it but that wasn't the case when I got on it and let it rip. First day I rolled off 2nd behind trout from Christian Brothers Racing. Caught him within the first mile and half or so and then boom sled over heated and shut off. Tried 20 different things seems like but finally got it to seal up and looked ok for Sunday morning. Went out first this morning and setting a good pace till I snapped the idler wheels off it and the track was flapping in the wind. Track was slipping so it was impossible for me to hammer it off a jump and had no top speed. When that happened it allowed trout to catch me and pass me. I was so frustrated I held it wide open and didn't care what happened from there and was able to hold a decent distance behind him. Came up to a culvert and watched him air the whole cross road a long ways but there was a dip in the other side so u had to goose it right before take off to clear it. My luck continued and when I goosed it the track slipped from being so loose and I got nothing but clearing the road and casing the dip. Threw me off I rolled and ran to the sled and then my luck kept going and it wouldn't start. Got it started and took off wide open again. Coming across the lake on the second lap the track finally went up and slapped the heat exchanger ending my day. On paper and as far as people there seen I am a nobody because I wasn't able to post any good times. The only one I got to post was way off because of the fall and the sled just flat out wouldn't go. Trout finished 3rd in pro open today and posted the 2nd fastest lap time of the weekend. Now that I know when I have a sled that will hold together I can ride with some of the best. Those guys were able to go out and practice on the track and know where everything was and ride those sleds all the time. For my circumstances of never riding the sled I raced or even that brand I was pretty happy with my riding when the sled did run right. Time to go find me a sled and go post some finishes and show em Michigan has something to offer. Needless to say I will continue to ride doo and go race a doo if it's mine. Guy that owns the sled never seen me ride before but today said how bad he wants me to ride for him. After our issues and his lack of prep in areas he's already offered to revamp his whole race program. Has a 17 Polaris on order and said that's my ride if I want it for next year and he will just ride his old stuff and my expenses will be covered to go every race weekend. Even though it's no factory team by any means it felt good someone recognizing my ability. Just have to wait and see what next year brings. Sorry Kevin but I will not be buying a Polaris anytime soon hahaha. #DooForLife.
skidoodude04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #5
Wink
Trail Master

Congrats!!!!

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
conniver04
Trail Master

It sounds like a crazy weekend for sure and it killed me being in St Ignace waiting for updates. That was the first time he has raced anything that Sheila or I wasn't there. Glad you had fun buddy. Now get a Doo and go back and see what you got.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #7
polaris4me
Trail Master

Matt sounds like you can hang with the other racers and maybe be a touch better if you did not have the heat exchanger issue. Hope it works out for you next year.

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #8
Snow VP
Administrator

Next year Fan Cooled 440 Wooooooo!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 PM   #9
Floyd
Trail Master

We've ridden with Matt several times over the years on the trails, and most of us who have, know he is a talented kid. Despite the bad luck with the mechanical issues, it's good to know he can hold his own with the factory sponsored guys out there. Hope to see him continue racing, and better luck in the future. Congrats, Matt!
Old 03-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #10
con-fusion
Trail Master

Great job Matt, sounds like it was a learning experience to say the least. Modified equipment is just that, modified. sounds like this one had great potential just not enough testing.
Kevin I read that correctly he said not anytime soon. He'll own a great sled some day. lol Matt will prob become the Polaris poster child!
con-fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #11
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by con-fusion View Post
Great job Matt, sounds like it was a learning experience to say the least. Modified equipment is just that, modified. sounds like this one had great potential just not enough testing.
Kevin I read that correctly he said not anytime soon. He'll own a great sled some day. lol Matt will prob become the Polaris poster child!
Hey I will ride anything if they are providing some quality equipment. I would be more than happy to stand on top of the podium holding the hardware sporting a Polaris jacket free of charge
skidoodude04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:16 AM   #12
Skeet
Trail Master

Great job Matt. Go get'em next year.

2013 F-150 SuperCrew EcoBoost
2014 Viper LTX
Skeet is offline   Reply With Quote