Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Club News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Club News Check out what is going on in the Straits Club

Old 11-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Novi Snow Show 2016

So Snow show is going to be interesting next year. Visitor's Bureau likes what Julie and I are doing with the winter information, so they an reserved the booth right behind the normal one, and Iggy will have 20 feet of presence next year. The VB will have 10, and we will have 10 to do whatever we want with. The VB will be giving general info on Iggy - year round, and we will be specific on why people should ride trails in our area.

I am completely open to suggestions on what to do next year. Would be open to taking some volunteers that want to man the thing with us, answer questions and what-not. Something interactive that would keep people there for more then 30 seconds would be good. Something other then shoving a brochure in their hand is the idea. The can cozies were a big hit this year, and will probably do that again. A Iggy branded EUP trail map is also a possibility and in the research phase.

Alot of you go to this thing every year. What would you like to see? What ticks you off? What would be cool? What makes a good looking booth?

Toss out any idea and lets think about it!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
polaris4me
Trail Master

Default Re: Novi Snow Show 2016

Have to think on that for a bit.

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Go Fast or Go Home
Trail Master

Start to a good plan of action. I'll think on it........

Don~
Go Fast or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
Wink
Trail Master

Possibly a large map of St. Ignace with a radius out to about Castle Rock Rd. Show snowmobile routes from hotels to the trail and possibly mileage. Also show the way to trailer to Castle Rock Rd. You could have area hotels pay to have their location and what they offer on the map. Their info could be around the border of the map.
Too many people that have never been there think it's too hard to get in and out of town by sled.
With the reasonable cost of wide format printing today, this would be a very feasible idea. You should be able to find someone with good graphic abilities to create this for you. If I still had my software from when I had my shop I would gladly do it. Sadly, all that stuff has gone by the wayside.

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #5
Go Fast or Go Home
Trail Master

Can any of this be held in conjunction with a local ATV club as well ??

The photo of the Ice Arena with all the ATVs was impressive. That ride was a huge draw for the St. Ignace area. I spoke with several riders and they didn't know a whole lot about the St. Ignace snowmobile trails. I explained how great they were and how well maintained they were and some said they were going to give St. Ignace a try this Winter.

So maybe if the two clubs worked together at the booth in Novi it would generate interest. ATVing is becoming huge. Not sure how you guys feel about that, but it is a suggestion.

I think Wink had some really good ideas. I'll keep thinking on it and post up when I have an idea.

Don~
Go Fast or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #6
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Take some grooming/brushing/grading videos and play on a large monitor to show our equipment in action.

Rrrrrrrrnnnnnntttt!

Or sell some Jerky and vinyl replacement windows (J/K)
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
Snow VP
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast or Go Home View Post
Can any of this be held in conjunction with a local ATV club as well ??

The photo of the Ice Arena with all the ATVs was impressive. That ride was a huge draw for the St. Ignace area. I spoke with several riders and they didn't know a whole lot about the St. Ignace snowmobile trails. I explained how great they were and how well maintained they were and some said they were going to give St. Ignace a try this Winter.

So maybe if the two clubs worked together at the booth in Novi it would generate interest. ATVing is becoming huge. Not sure how you guys feel about that, but it is a suggestion.

I think Wink had some really good ideas. I'll keep thinking on it and post up when I have an idea.

Don~
Don,
You are basically talking to the ATV guy. The old club did not grants, so I have dabbled in them, and actually dedicated a set of trails recently, with more over this winter.

We could get potentially get some info together on that too.