Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Trail Conditions 4-07-14

Well, I think I am finally going to call it - spring that is. Tings are still freezing up a bit at night, but this is in the last 4 months this is the first forecast that I have seen which shows more then 2 consecutive days of above 40d. In fact, the entire week is supposed to top 40d each day, which should finally put a major hurt on the trails.
Currently the RR grade has some slush holes on it, and the woods trails are in good shape with lots of base left, but there will be tough areas here and there which will make long destination riding tough for the coming weekend. The snow out on the lake has finally melted off with a skim of water out in the bay (even though I heard there was still over 3 ft of ice last week.) Off trail still has over 2 ft of snow in the woods.

Of course, grooming is all done, you can get a last rip in if you like but I would not travel a huge distance to make that happen. There were a few die-hards in the parking lot over the weekend, which was nice to see. That fresh 2-3" of snow we got on Thursday should have topped things off for a fantastic weekend ride, as it did not get warm until Sunday.

Spring break-up around here should be interesting, hopefully people have pulled their water-wings out of storage as we are in for a wet spring.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
BIGFOOT63
Junior Rider

Default Re: Trail Conditions 4-07-14

we where with the die hards in the parking lot.. rode to Brimley and back
buddy went off the grade going around slush holes ski got off the side of the trail a little and it sucked him right in.. glad there was no trees there and the snow was very deep still had a great run for the last of the season
thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Re: Trail Conditions 4-07-14

That is neat to hear. Hear a 2nd hand report about a trip[ around the South loop last night. Said it was 90% still great. Still tons of snow out there, however it did hit an amazing 52d her yesturday and is over 50d today. The melting in the last 2 days is pretty good, as we lost maybe 1 ft of snow in my yard already.

Bring on SUMMER!
Closed Thread