Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Trail Conditions 1-29-19

2 days ago trails were in excellent shape. Everything was groomed board flat, and we were still packing from last Monday's storm. We needed to widen the trails out some, but still in excellent shape. Today? More snow on them Yay! After yesterday's 5in or so of snow, and 25-25 mph winds, there is certainly that were blown clean, and guaranteed places that are drifted bad.

The bad news is, honestly I am not sure if we will be running before Friday. If you watch the news, the governor declared a state of emergency with the temps and wind chill. It is barley above zero today and will be much worse tomorrow. Several of my drivers are digging out from the storm or dealing with frozen pipes. Family first here. If you didn't know in these temps it can be dangerous if the groomer breaks down. All of the glass is wonderful to see, however if the tractor were to break down the cab goes sub zero in about 15 minutes, much faster than we could get to someone in a remote area.

So to sum up. Trails were excellent. Now they have more snow, are likely drifted. We will run the groomers as soon as the drivers get there home lives secured, and it is safe to do so. It will be back to excellent by Saturday for sure.

On a separate note, I would LOVE to heard from the 2 groups of 5/6 riders that went by the office yesterday in the height of the storm. The tails of that ride should be interesting!
Old 01-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Default Re: Trail Conditions 1-29-19

Headed up Tomorrow after work. Might sneak out for a quick night ride but headed west Thursday morning with a big group from Ohio. Going to pack a few extra under armor shirts and have my sherpas on. Yes you heard me right Sherpas. Sweat pants lined with Sherpa. Thanks to Snopro7c my legs will be nice a toasty in these frigid temps this weekend! Sherpas for the win hahaha. Everyone out riding be safe, stay warm, and Braaaaaap on! Keep the rubber side down!
Old 01-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
snopro7c
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoodude04 View Post
Headed up Tomorrow after work. Might sneak out for a quick night ride but headed west Thursday morning with a big group from Ohio. Going to pack a few extra under armor shirts and have my sherpas on. Yes you heard me right Sherpas. Sweat pants lined with Sherpa. Thanks to Snopro7c my legs will be nice a toasty in these frigid temps this weekend! Sherpas for the win hahaha. Everyone out riding be safe, stay warm, and Braaaaaap on! Keep the rubber side down!

Team Sherpa baby

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
conniver04
Seller of Cars, Caffey Trail Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro7c View Post
Team Sherpa baby
You 2 need to get a room

16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200