Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > Summer Fun and Info > The Hot Tub & Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Hot Tub & Pub Stay connected during the off season! General Discussion about just about anything!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Wink
Trail Master

Default Pay It Forward

I just wanted to share an experience we had yesterday.

Claire and I decided to go to Applebee's to eat for Thanksgiving since both our families are scattered to the wind. We love Applebee's! It wasn't very crowded at all. We ordered our meals and had a couple of beers. The whole time we were there we were having a very good and spirited conversation with our waitress. About half way thru our meal, she told us that our meal had been paid for. At that time a young man who had been seated at the bar came over as he was leaving and said "Happy Thanksgiving". He had just gotten back a few days before from his fourth tour in Afghanistan and wanted to do something for someone on the holiday. I was absolutely speechless and somewhat choked up. It should have been us buying for him. I stood and shook his hand and thanked him for his service and the gift.

I wondered "why us"? The waitress said he had thought of buying for 3 young people that were at another table but after seeing that they were rude to their waitress he changed his mind.

We wondered how to pay it forward and after talking it over, decided to help our waitress. In our conversation she had told us that she had a 7 year old son and was working 2 jobs to pay down some medical bills. We got an Applebee's gift bag, put some cash in it with a note and left it with her before we left. Somehow it doesn't seem like enough.

This young man who had served our country left an impression on me that I will never forget.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and wish you the happiest of holidays to come.

Randy

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Last edited by Wink : 11-25-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Wink is offline   Reply With Quote