Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > The Trail Head
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Trail Head General Discussion About Miscellaneous Topics Here

Old 02-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #26
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Default Re: NASCAR 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoodude04 View Post
Yes she is racing the indy car full time. The only thing that will keep her going in nascar is the publicity that she will bring to the sport. Not because of her winning races nor championships.
How do the drivers that don't win races or championships stay in Nascar? There are drivers that finish 20th or worse in points every season, never win a race, yet they are still around every year.
Gunner F5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #27
Richard
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner F5 View Post
How do the drivers that don't win races or championships stay in Nascar? There are drivers that finish 20th or worse in points every season, never win a race, yet they are still around every year.
Amazes me too!!!!
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #28
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Jimmie Johnson takes the first Gatorade Dual race, in a car that should have never been on the track. It should still be in the hauler as they should of been forced to repair the primary.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #29
con-fusion
Trail Master

great job by Johnson and Kahne. JR well?
con-fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #30
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Gunner why do you say they should be forced to fix the first car? I mean thats benefit to hendrick of showing they make quality cars primary or not.
skidoodude04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #31
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Quote:
Gunner why do you say they should be forced to fix the first car? I mean thats benefit to hendrick of showing they make quality cars primary or not.
It's Nascar's call whether you are allowed to pull out the back up car or not. From what I've seen and read about it, the car could of easily been repaired, especially with the resources Hendrick has at the track. There were a few car owners that were none too happy about it.
You watch, Nascar is going to be on the JJ "Drive for five" train and it has started in Daytona.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #32
Snow VP
Administrator

I little bend to teh nose, and they pull out the backup. In in the old car days, they would have been forced to repair it, unless the chasis was bent.

They just let Gordon go to a backup too, even with that little bump.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #33
Snow VP
Administrator

Oh, BTW, what is up with the new G-W-C revision. Can't they remember that truck race where it took like 6 restarts to finally get them through it?

You want G-W-C, fine, but this race extension thing is crazy. I say let them race. IF, they wreck within 5 laps of the end, red-flag it, clean the track, and run the race distance. If they, need to extend it up to 3 laps to have a G-W-C, then OK, but you only get one chance. I have never had a problem finishing under caution, sometimes that is the way it is.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #34
skidoodude04
Trail Master

Ya you guys might see gordon just brush the wall or Johnson bend the nose just a tad bit. Yes at bristol or a little half mile no big deal, beat it out and keep going. At Daytona wrong answer. Teams spend thousands of dollars in wind tunnels getting bodies tweaked to perfection! I can almost guarantee you see a big team like hendrick fudge up a nose in practice they are going to a back up car for the 500. Its just the nature of the beast at these super speedways for the big teams.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #35
Gunner F5
Trail Master

That isn't the case with the COT. The "Claw" template is measured in what, something like 100 different places? In the past, teams wanted (and would) to fix their primary because they had so much time invested in the wind tunnel and on track testing. If they tweaked the nose on the old car, they would fix it because of the way the body was hung to get the rear spoiler out of the air down the straight, etc. I guarantee you that if that would of been the old car, Knaus would of been helping put a new nose on it. As for it being the case for the big teams, it should be the same for everyone.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #36
con-fusion
Trail Master

Check out NASCAR.con go to Nationwide series page. Paul Menard buys out 5 teams, so they pull out of race and his son can be in.
Qualifying rained out, top 30 auto in, 2 winners from last year (Biffle and ?), then the rest of the field filled from qualify draw order, 1 to ? cars not already in field until full. Menard forced to buy out 5 cars spots to get son in field, that is not right, but $ talks.
Money used to buy speed, now it get you in race.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #37
skidoodude04
Trail Master

In the nascar world it is about nothing more than money. Money buys speed. How fast you wanna go?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #38
con-fusion
Trail Master

Who wins the 500 today!

I would love to see Mark Martin in victory lane, but I am picking The Bif.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #39
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Nice win for McMurray! By far one of the better Daytona 500's in recent history, minus the potholes. Great job by Dale Jr to go from 10th to 2nd on the last lap, looks like he can still drive. Sorry about your luck Johnson / Gordon, that's racing. I'm quite sure those two will be heard from during the season.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #40
conniver04
Trail Master

That has to be one of the best 500's i've seen. Glad to see them be able to race and not just ride around.

16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #41
Snow VP
Administrator

Watching Harvick was certainly entertaining. I like that they did need some help, but could make some moves on their own too
Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #42
Snow VP
Administrator

So the big decision just came down for ol Carl. Fine? Points? Suspension?

Nope. Just a 3 race probation.

Letting them race this year.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #43
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Nascar got just what they wanted. The Edwards / BK story made the nightly news, they used words like payback and showed clips of a few wrecks.
I am growing very tired of the "experienced" cup drivers EXPECTING the younger drivers to give them room on the track. I have yet to see BK hang at the back of the pack ALL race at a plate track, then start his way to the front and take out half the field AND his team mate. If I was BK, I would spin Edwards the first chance I get at Bristol. Edwards = idiot in my book. Not surprising, considering he drives a FORD and eats with Jared.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #44
polaris4me
Trail Master

If Brad K. car would have just spun out. We would not be talking about this.
I like what Rusty said." You bump me, I will bump you back."

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #45
Wink
Trail Master

I heard them asking on TV "what caused the car to go airborn?" Well, it's the spoiler Einstein. It gives great downforce when going forward but run it in reverse and it lifts the back of the car off the ground. They should be able to make a pivot point on that spoiler that would keep it pointed down while going forward but when air goes over it in reverse, it could go to a neutral position. It would be easy to do.

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #46
Snow VP
Administrator

Sppiler - you actually mean wing - but I know what you ment. It is a moot point anyway because we are going to have the old spoiler back at martinsville.

That really made me mad last year with the 99 at dega. went backwards, and I think only 1 roof flap deployed, and over he went. I figured, ok, just a strange spin. Then this time w/12 both flaps deploy properly, and it lifted even more! With the old car, it lifted up, and then the flaps deployed, and it slammed the car back down fast. I don't think the engineering was ever done properly on the flaps with the new car.

Like kevin and Mart Smith said, if the 12 didn't go airborne, this whole thing is a non-issue.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #47
skidoodude04
Trail Master

BK flips edwards on the last lap and takes the race away from him. I dont see edwards being in the wrong too much here. Drivers dont forget who spun them out last week or last year, trust me I have been in this position before. Edwards got back at BK and BK probably deserved what he got. He is young and anxious to get to the front in 1 lap when hes ready to go. He will soon learn making passes is an art and takes time. Time and seat time will only benefit him in the future.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #48
Gunner F5
Trail Master

Quote:
BK flips edwards on the last lap and takes the race away from him. I dont see edwards being in the wrong too much here. Drivers dont forget who spun them out last week or last year, trust me I have been in this position before. Edwards got back at BK and BK probably deserved what he got. He is young and anxious to get to the front in 1 lap when hes ready to go. He will soon learn making passes is an art and takes time. Time and seat time will only benefit him in the future.
Edwards caused that wreck, well, Edwards AND Nascar. All BK did was use the rules to his advantage AND didn't lift when Edwards tried to throw the block after BK faked high. As for Edwards being in the wrong, he should of just dumped him at a short track. Intentionally spinning someone at 190 plus is just plain stupid, AND dangerous even without a car flipping.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #49
polaris4me
Trail Master

Or take care of it after the race. Edwards would kick B.K.'s you-know- what.

M.S.A.
Support the people that support this sport !
polaris4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #50
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner F5 View Post
Edwards caused that wreck, well, Edwards AND Nascar. All BK did was use the rules to his advantage AND didn't lift when Edwards tried to throw the block after BK faked high. As for Edwards being in the wrong, he should of just dumped him at a short track. Intentionally spinning someone at 190 plus is just plain stupid, AND dangerous even without a car flipping.
Nascar caused this wreck! Bk used the rules to his advantage. I don't blame BK at all. Matt you are wrong!!!

16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote