|03-19-2018, 09:25 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Ignace
Trail Conditions 3-19-18
How many times can I say the exact same thing. Base conditions are in decent shape, but we need a storm to have good rideable conditions. I have talked to several people that rode the core of our system and it is/was in good shape, with a perfect flat very icy base with a little snow and sugar on top.
Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and the same weather we have has for the last week will persist for another week. Chilly temps during the day and cold temps at night will preserve most of the existing snow and ice, and the real spring feeling is still a ways off. Sad thing is like I have been saying over and over again, if we were to get a marginally good storm, we would be right back in business. Reality is setting in though for our operation as the sunny, cold and dry conditions persist for the next 5-7 days at least, IF we were to get a big storm near the end of the month (like we are WAY overdue for) would there be anyone to ride? For the hardcore fans out there, lets hold out hope for a little longer, a long dry quiet period is usually followed with some type of storm system, so lets not call it a full season, at least for another week.
A glimmer of hope from NOAA:
VP Straits Area Snowmobile Club
Last edited by Snow VP : 03-19-2018 at 09:27 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|