Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Club News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Club News Check out what is going on in the Straits Club

Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Quick update 3-30-12

Well another season in the books here. All in all decent trails around here, for the time that we had snow, which wasn't that much. We finished with 2414 miles, or about 24% of normal, which is less then last year, but on-trend for the last 3 years. Financially, we are definitely in the red, but that was due to heavy repairs on the drags that don't come along every year. I am gonna try to work the DNR to see if we can get some of that back, I guess we will see.

Over the next 30 days, we have some projects going on.

I am going to get the grader blade installed so the guys can get some grading work done on the RR Grade before it get too hard - gotta get that one before the summertime heat.

Once Wayne gets #5 back to town, we will get the brusher installed and fixed up with a long day of work so it is ready to go kill some trees. I want to touch up the RR Grade again this summer, and then hit the truck trail North of Brevort to get all the scraggly brush cleaned up.

Then the big drag is going to come into the shop for major repair. The pans, ware rails and cutters will be replaced - maybe a little re-design too depending on how much time I have.

Then, all 3 drags, and the front blades for both machines will be blasted and painted so they look new. That will be done in time for the parades and the antique snowmobile show in St. Ignace in July.

Sometime this spring, I will arrange for some fill to be hauled to Trout Lake to get the approaches to the bridge fixed up. Then in a separate project either this spring, or next fall the bridge deck will be repaired, railings replaced, and rubber belting installed so I don't have to worry about that bridge any more.

Maybe sometime in there I will find time to go for a boat ride, and build a house too.

Have a good summer folks, and remember that we have a new signing standard coming out for next season. It may be a ton of work to switch over our trails for this new standard, so if you have the means, please plan some time for next October's work weekends.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Wink
Trail Master

Default Re: Quick update 3-30-12

Name the weekends and I'll be there. Hell, if I win the Lotto tonite (640 million), I'll just buy the whole dang town.

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote