Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > Area Information & Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Area Information & Discussion Discuss the Straits Area - Ask a Question or Post your Experience

Old 12-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Exclamation To those Posting Pictures - Please Read

Hi Folks,
As some are testing out, this is an easy board to post questions and comments on. Posting an experience about riding in the area is easy and fun, complete with pictures. I have set up the software to take quite large files, but these files will be displayed in their full scale size inside the post. While is is OK for now, as we get more and more board members I may have to restrict the file size to preserve the disk space and bandwidth. (We want to spend our $$ on grooming, not web bandwidth!)

That being said, it is nice to scale pictures before posting them. I will not hold anyone to any picture posting rules, for now, but here is a good suggestion:

Try to keep pictures at 512x384 pixels and 80 or 100 dpi. max size. This will make them look nice on the web, and still download relatively fast.

Some computer come with free software to do this, but I have found a very nice little program, that is completely free that will do sizing along with several other functions.

Find it at http://www.irfanview.com/

Simply open a file with ifvan at go to the pull down menu image, and select Resize/resample. Then tick the preserve aspect ratio, and type in 512x384 pixels, and 80 dpi then save the file for later attachment to a post. It is relatively quick and easy, and will help us all.

Once you have your Pics sized...

Just type up a thread or message like you normally would, and once you are done, scroll down the page a bit, and there is a button for manage attachments. This works similar to yahoo mail, and you can easily manage the attachements, and upload files. Once uploaded, and you are happy, close the dialog box, and post your message. There is currently a limit of 4 files that can be attached to any specific post or reply. If you need more, just reply to your own thread.

If anyone have any questions, please post in the Technical section and we will help you out!

Last edited by Snow VP : 12-26-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Snow VP is offline   Reply With Quote