Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Trail Conditions 1-11-10

Thin-thin but ridable.

We made it through the weekend OK. Everyone that I talked to that rode had a pretty good time. It has been 2+ weeks since we have seen any new snow, and it is showing. The RR Grade from just North of Iggy to Moran in the open areas is showing more and more rocks. The pipeline now has a couple of bad sand holes, and there are some rocks poking through here and there in the areas where the loggers plowed things. Everything is actually pretty flat out there, but at this time I am shutting the groomers down until at least next Friday as there just is not enough snow out there to worry about. Anyone in the area can head out and get some good riding in, just understand that there is some rocks out there here and there.

Think snow, think snow, think snow.

Right now I plan on running the groomers again on Friday to get things pulled in as much as possible for the weekend. Then without snow, we will hold again for at least 4-5 days, as the groom will hold well with the low snow and low traffic.

Last edited by Snow VP : 01-11-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Re: Trail Conditions 1-11-10

Was thinking about it a bit, and though I would toss up some info told me on Saturday. This person rode all over the place this weekend, and told me that even with the very low snow around our area, he though that our trails were in better condition, and more ridable then some other locations in the Eastern UP that has 2-3 times the snow we have.

Mid morning update - it is snow here right now, but don't get too excited. we got maybe 1/4 inch, and expected to see really no more then 1" total. At least things are looking white again.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
con-fusion
Trail Master

Default Re: Trail Conditions 1-11-10

Don't feel to bad Neil.
The lake out my back door is all frozen over, it is usually the only riding I do around here as the rest is ditch banging and equipment destruction(culvert pipes and manholes are hard on sleds). BUT we still can't ride as the ice is not good and very unsafe.
So load'em up and head north
Closed Thread