Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Weather 12-14-17

Trying to get back into my regular Monday & Thursday reports so bear with me.

Things are really looking decent for early season around here. Yesterday's forecast of sun all day was true up North, but it snow all day in Iggy, and we picked up another easy 2". We have around 6-8" of snow on the ground now, and somewhere around that North of here too. Today was the first day I have seen Ice on the big lake, with the bay covered all the way across. (Boy it would be nice to have Pond Hockey on the bay again!)

The snow is nice, but not great for our purposes as it has very low moisture and will pack to nothing in a heartbeat. The forecast is for the next few days being a little snow, and a slight warmup into the 32-34 range. That is something we can work with to get some moisture in teh snow and then we can start work on packing it down. Following that it is supposed to get cold again end of next week and that should start driving the frost into the ground.

So, if everything holds, right now I am thinking of a panning run early next week and then we will look at the conditions and should be ready for a big dumping if Ma Nature will work on my x-mas present. It would be good to have a usable X-Mas to New Years week for a change.

Polish those sleds up, it should be too long now!
Old 12-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Re: Weather 12-14-17

An inch of good snow last night, giving way to flurries this morning. Still creeping up on enough to get going, still planning early-mid next week for a panning run.
Closed Thread