Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > General Discussion > The Trail Head
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Trail Head General Discussion About Miscellaneous Topics Here

Old 02-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #1
conniver04
Trail Master

Talking Great weekend

Thanks to all that came to the bent ski classic this weekend. It was a great time and hope to see it continue to grow into a nice event. I was at the trail stop and talked to over 200 sleds that stopped by. That was the most traffic I have seen in our area in a long time. Now with all the fresh snow we got the trails are awesome.

Our group headed out of St Ignace Sunday morning in the snow storm and rode to Houghton. What a beautiful but windy day on the trails. After that you really appreciate the grooming efforts that our club does. It was not bad most of the way but not like ours. We passed 3 groomers and the biggest problem is their drags. Very narrow with no wings and leaving a huge shelf in the trail.

Oh well time to get suited up and explore the Keweenaw. Cheers
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
Floyd
Trail Master

Default Re: Great weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniver04 View Post
Thanks to all that came to the bent ski classic this weekend. It was a great time and hope to see it continue to grow into a nice event. I was at the trail stop and talked to over 200 sleds that stopped by. That was the most traffic I have seen in our area in a long time. Now with all the fresh snow we got the trails are awesome.

Our group headed out of St Ignace Sunday morning in the snow storm and rode to Houghton. What a beautiful but windy day on the trails. After that you really appreciate the grooming efforts that our club does. It was not bad most of the way but not like ours. We passed 3 groomers and the biggest problem is their drags. Very narrow with no wings and leaving a huge shelf in the trail.

Oh well time to get suited up and explore the Keweenaw. Cheers
Hey Kenny, Just curious to know if you left at 6 Sunday morning like you said you were?
We wanted to get an early start back to Ohio to avoid bad roads. Left Iggy at 7:30, and it was just beginning to flurry. Had good roads till we got just south of Grayling. From there to Mt. Pleasant it got a little sketchy at times, but certainly not the worst I've driven in. By the time we got back to Celina, it was 45 degrees.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Arrow Re: Great weekend

Didn't leave Iggy til about 10am or so Sunday morning, I-75 wasn't too bad for the most part, worst part was getting around the salt trucks! Roads were just wet south of Grayling.
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #4
conniver04
Trail Master

Default Re: Great weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Hey Kenny, Just curious to know if you left at 6 Sunday morning like you said you were?
We wanted to get an early start back to Ohio to avoid bad roads. Left Iggy at 7:30, and it was just beginning to flurry. Had good roads till we got just south of Grayling. From there to Mt. Pleasant it got a little sketchy at times, but certainly not the worst I've driven in. By the time we got back to Celina, it was 45 degrees.
The 2 guys we were going with were late so we got started just before 7. Got to Houghton at about 6:30.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote