Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Club News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Club News Check out what is going on in the Straits Club

Old 02-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Bent Ski Classic ~ Adventure Run Returns 2-27-16!

The Straits Area Snowmobile Club and the St. Ignace Events Committee are bringing back the Bent Ski Classic Snowmobile Adventure Run! Wondering what to do on a lazy Saturday Snowmobiling day? Head to St. Ignace on February 27th. For years you have heard about the fantastic trails in St. Ignace, now is the time to experience them with a classic family friendly adventure run, and here is the best part the Events Committee is providing the who thing for FREE! That's right, no registration fee, for a full day of fun on the trails, and ending with cash and other prizes. Registration and conclusion will be downtown St. Ignace overlooking Mackinac Island (No there isn't an ice bridge this year). The Mackinac Grill is providing free appetizers and is the place to be where the Upper Hand Brewing Company will be performing a weekend tap-takeover event, and hosting a super swag and tasting after party. This event will be held rain-or-shine ~ snow-or-dirt, and will be adjusted due to weather if needed.

This is just your teaser, make your reservations now, and check back here for more details!

Last edited by Snow VP : 02-15-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Snow VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
conniver04
Trail Master

Default Re: Bent Ski Classic ~ Adventure Run Returns 2-27-16!

I have always loved these events we have had in the past and now very happy to help put this one on. Gonna be a great day of riding the trails and having some fun and the best part is its FREE. We are gonna have a trail stop with hot dogs, coffee etc sponsored by Schall Automotive of Monroe. Stop by for some food and conversation out in the woods. Lots more fun to be announced. It will be a family friendly event. Come one, come all.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
conniver04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Floyd
Trail Master

Just want to shout out a big "Thank You" to Kenny for sponsoring the event, and for volunteering your time to make it happen. We all know how much he loves to be behind the handlebars, and to sacrifice that time says a lot (don't let that go to your head now, short stuff!)
Decided to cancel our reservations for this weekend and push our next trip UP till next weekend. Looking forward to the weekend already. And BTW: I like my steak medium, Kenny. And if you could throw in a baked potato and perhaps a nice appetizer that would be great!
Old 02-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
Snow VP
Administrator

For those of you that enjoy riding your snowmobiles, and would like to come to the UP for a fun day on the trails:

This is not a traditional poker run, people are tired of that sort of thing. This will take you out on the trails, you will have to use your brain, maybe do some research, and even do some light off-trail stuff to figure everything out. You may need to even complete a specific set of tasks along the way. It will be fun for the whole family because...

Everything the St. Ignace Events Committee does is a family friendly event, this one is no exception. The event is ending at the Mackinac Grill where Upper Hand is doing a weekend Tap Takeover. A nice addition to the after-party, remember we promote the mantra "Imbibe AFTER you ride".

The event requires registration, that is how you will know where to go and what to do, the Events Committee is priding the event FREE of Charge! You can register at the Mackinac Grill downtown St. Ignace from 7-9pm on Friday the 26th, or 8-10am Sat the 27th.

Schall Automotive of Monroe is excited to announce that they are sponsoring and covering all of the cost of a trailside stop at the intersection of trail #471 & #2 (our traditional "Deere Feed" location in the heart of our trails). There will be a warming fire, free hot dogs, coffee & hot chocolate. Trail Stop will be open from 11am - 2pm. I am going to try to schedule a groomer to stop by and give tours or rides, however that will hinge on grooming conditions and or volunteer drivers schedule.

Participants will need to return to the Mackinac Grill where completed tasks are turned in and entered into the contest for cash and other prizes. The Mackinac Grill will be providing free appetizers for a limited time, and yes the Tap Takeover will be for the remainder of the evening.

So, if you would like to give something a little different a try, head on UP to St. Ignace the weekend of the 27th. Hope to see you there.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
Floyd
Trail Master

This event sounds like an absolute blast! I agree that although traditional Poker Runs are fun, most of them are ran the same way. Hopefully Mother Nature doesn't throw too big of a whammy this weekend, and the trails are able to hold their own till it cools back down (and a nice 6"+ of fresh snow next week would be nice!). Happy to hear the Events Committee was able to coordinate this with the Upper Hand Brewing Co., and the turnout is high.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
Snow VP
Administrator

I have had a couple questions, so I want to clarify something, this event is not sponsored by a brewery. The Upper Hand Brewing Company is holding a tap takeover event at the Mackinac Grill on Friday night. That is the same time as pre-registration for the FREE event, you are free to partake in Upper Hand's activities if you wish. Saturday night will be the short prize award ceremony, and you are free to enjoy your evening.

Hope to see you there!
Old 02-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #7
Wink
Trail Master

So, how did it go? How many participants? Any pics? Inquiring minds want to know!

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #8
Snow VP
Administrator

Well, good day overall.
We set an attendance record.
We burned some wood.
We ate some hot dogs.
We met a couple old friends on the trail, as well as some new ones.
We had zero complaints.
Everyone involved had a great time.

The events committee wants to make it an annual event again, with their full support. Something to think about.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #9
Wink
Trail Master

No complaints because I wasn't there. You know I would have found something to complain about!

"Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do!"

Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #10
conniver04
Trail Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow VP View Post
Well, good day overall.
We set an attendance record.
We burned some wood.
We ate some hot dogs.
We met a couple old friends on the trail, as well as some new ones.
We had zero complaints.
Everyone involved had a great time.

The events committee wants to make it an annual event again, with their full support. Something to think about.
Had a great time hanging in the woods cooking hot dogs. It was nice talking with some old friends and some new ones.

I think its great news that the events committee is wanting to make this a yearly event and will promote it as such. This could bring it back to the glory days that we all on here enjoyed. Can't wait till next year!
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #11
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Arrow Re: Bent Ski Classic ~ Adventure Run Returns 2-27-16!

Really wished I coulda been there, sounds like it was a lot of fun. Oh, well there is always next year...

Doc appointment this week for the arm, will post an update when I know more. Was supposed to be last week but the snow storm pushed it to this week instead.
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #12
conniver04
Trail Master

Well Todd the good news is that it looks like this will become a annual event. The events committee is talking about making it a annual event with a little help from us. We could be getting back to the good ol days of poker runs.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
M.S.A.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #13
ToddMeister
the Bay City Roller

Thumbs up Re: Bent Ski Classic ~ Adventure Run Returns 2-27-16!

Me likey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniver04 View Post
Well Todd the good news is that it looks like this will become a annual event. The events committee is talking about making it a annual event with a little help from us. We could be getting back to the good ol days of poker runs.
Straits Area Snowmobile Club
M.S.A.
ToddMeister is offline   Reply With Quote