Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Trail Conditions 3-14-15

A rare Saturday morning update here, but with the way things are, I wanted you to know.

If you are going to ride right from Iggy today, go North on I-75, and exit at Castle Rock, cross West over the overpass to Lant road, and go South 500' and Castle Rock Road will be on your right. You are OK to day park along Lant road, and ride Castle Rock road out, and you will run into the groomed trail.

Groomer Chris reported in from last night on the South loop.

We have completely lost the RR Grade from Iggy to Moran.
Chris groomed all of Castle Rock Road, so the Lant Road parking is a good idea riding from here today.
The entire West side of teh lower loop (473) is ridable. The inside corners were getting bare, but Chris pulled snow in and said it look really good. Pipeline section is 1/2 bare, but lots of space to get around the sand to get you out of town. This will be teh last weekend for the lower loop however.

If you need gas, Chris said the RR Grade is OK to ride South of teh Burma Grade, and down to Moran. The last little bit to the station you have to ride teh side of the trail, but he said if you need to do it, then go ahead. Guess that means if you want to drop near teh old Tavern in Moran and ride North you could do that too.

Bobby did not call in last night, so I will tell you what I know about the North loop from bits of info I got yesterday. (Kenny feel free to add to this on what you rode if you log in this morning)

Just talked to Bob and all of teh North loop with connections to Rexton, Epoufette and Trout Lake and Brevort are in good condition with no major problems to report, EXCEPT:

The last 1/2 mile along teh highway into Trout Lake is getting tough, this will be the last weekend for that.

Into Epoufette, the loggers showed up Friday afternoon and plowed a mile or 2 of trail. That isn't good, they tried to plant a trail along the side, and they didn't plow it bare, so it should be passable this weekend, but again will not last until next weekend.

I head from a second removed source that Rexton to Newberry was getting snirty and may last the weekend and then will be done.

Decent snow in the woods too if you want to off trail ride. You can put a hundred miles on our system on decent trails if you want to stay around here, but I suspect that there will be too many obstacles to mess with it for next weekend.

If you are out and about feel free to update this thread for others with what you have found. Be brutally honest - everyone will appreciate knowing the actual conditions.

Have a safe ride,m and if you are in the area, see you at Freds Pub (bowling alley) for some good food and season stories tonight at 8pm.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
conniver04
Trail Master

Default Re: Trail Conditions 3-14-15

You got it all right Neil. It's not that bad and riding can be had but this will be the last shot if the weather stays like this. Going riding with Jimmy D. See you guys tonight.
16 MXZX 1200
17 Renegade X 1200
Proud member of Straits area snowmobile club
M.S.A.
Closed Thread