Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Go Back   Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums > News & Information > Trail Conditions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trail Conditions Straight from the guys who groom them!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Weather 10/04/17

Well the summer has just flew buy - if we really had one as I could not tell. September is gone, and October is chugging along already. Brushing & signing is only a couple weeks away, and before you know it we will be sitting down for Thanksgiving while watching the 8-3 Lions take on the Vikings, then the trails will open a week later!
Personally I tried to cut down on work this summer, but apparently it did not matter and it disappeared on me. The weather did not help to me it seemed like it was always cold and rainy. Historical weather shows just that, and St. Ignace only recorded 1 day in June over 80d. July and August had no days over 80! September had 6, all in one stretch, and here in October we are back to the 60s again. Does this bode a cold winter? An early snow? Can we at least have a normal year??? Who knows. Just thought I would toss a quick Hi out there and say it is starting to feel like fall, some trees are beginning to turn, as well as our minds.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Re: Weather 10/16/17

Weather 10/16/17 update.
First decent frost of the season. Things have definitely cooled over the last few days, and the leaves have kinda went from green to brown - at least around my house.

Boy did we have a Easterly November type rain & wind storm on Sunday. Lots of rain and wind, but not a ton of damage that I have heard about.

Upcoming week basically puts us in the high 50s, low 60s, pretty nice for this time of year.

Last edited by Snow VP : 10-16-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Closed Thread