View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #34
Snow VP
Administrator

Default Re: Brushing & Signing 2017

Boy what a difference a week makes! We will still blame Saturdays weather on Kenny as he used to bring the curse of the rainstorm. 80d and sunny last weekend, 30d with rain and a little sleet this weekend. Doesn't matter, the crew powered through and I think 99% of the trails are brushed and signed and ready for the winter. A huge thanks to those who gave up trick-or-treating time to come up and help out. There is no way I could get these trail ready without your help. We have a small (ish) very dedicated out of town group that help year-in-year-out with no more thanks then a breakfast and dinner and handshake. It is volunteers like you that make these sport possible and self sufficient!

OK, so we had 2 signing crews that took case of the East and South trails, and once again I was on a follow-up logging.. I mean brushing crew, this time paired up with Ben and his 2 boys. We kicked butt all day in the rain. This time I actually remembered to pull out my camera a couple times.

We did a ton of polesaw work, as even if it looks good to a atv, or even a truck, remember we have a 11' tall groomer, on top of hopefully 3' of snow, so you really have to get the hanger trees.

Hre we see a place where we opened up the stop-ahead sign
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171028_134304.jpg (84.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20171028_135626.jpg (84.9 KB, 46 views)