Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums (http://www.straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Hot Tub & Pub (http://www.straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Kathy going to U of M Hospital (http://www.straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1883)

polaris4me 11-13-2017 05:58 PM

Kathy going to U of M Hospital

As most of you know that are regularly on this form and are friends of ours. Kathy has been battling Crohn's disease for over 3 years. We have known part of her small intestine pain has been inflamed and unable to get a camera through it. But we found out 2 weeks ago that the part of small intestine as scar tissue. So this Friday she is going down to U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor. And the doctors are going to take out that part of her small intestine. It is about a two-hour surgery with four to five day stay in the hospital. She will have 8 to 12 weeks of restriction after the surgery . She will still have to take medication for her Crohn's disease but hopefully she can keep it under control and maybe get it to go into remission . Your thoughts and prayers are needed for us in the next few weeks. We know she is in good hands but it's still a scary situation. Thank you.

Go Fast or Go Home 11-13-2017 06:29 PM

Re: Kathy going to U of M Hospital

Thoughts and prayers are with you from my family to yours.

Don~

Wink 11-13-2017 06:46 PM

Definitely thoughts and prayers from here in Ohio.

Floyd 11-15-2017 07:44 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with Kathy and your family. Thank you for the information, and please keep us posted as to her progress.

Floyd

ToddMeister 11-15-2017 08:55 AM

We will keep you and Kathy in our thoughts and prayers, hope the surgery provides a good outcome.

conniver04 11-17-2017 01:05 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! You got this Kathy! Get well quick we got some riding to do!

Snow VP 11-17-2017 03:28 PM

Ben out of town and just saw this.
Hope things are going well, and Julie and I are thinking of you guys.

polaris4me 11-19-2017 06:07 PM

Things went ok. Took out more than they thought, but that's good too. Took out 24in. of small intestine, appendix, one ovary and phalopen tubes. Not much blood loss. Feeling more comfortable in a chair. Feeling a lot less pain today Sunday. Went for two short walks this morning. And a good 5 min. walk at noon. No solid food yet, lots of fluids. She looks good and maybe home Tues. or Wed. :thanx2[1]

Wink 11-19-2017 09:32 PM

Thanks for the update Kevin. Keep the faith. Tell Kathy I can't wait for some more of her "snacks" at brushing next year!!!!:D

Floyd 11-20-2017 09:56 AM

We're grateful that the pain has subsided. Sounds like she's well on her way on the road to recovery. Thanks Kevin for the update. Hoping she continues to improve and can come home tomorrow and at least spend Thanksgiving at home!

conniver04 11-20-2017 01:24 PM

Thanks for the update Kevin. Glad to hear she is doing better. Hope she continues to improve. We're with ya Kathy!

Snow VP 11-21-2017 10:45 AM

That is great to hear.
Get well, and hope to see ya this winter Kathy

polaris4me 11-21-2017 09:38 PM

Kathy is ok but she needs to pass some gas. Before they let her eat any solid food. All they let her have are liquid so far. She has not eaten any food since last Wednesday evening. She can get out of bed and out of a chair without any help and she been walking around the hospital. She is in pretty good spirits but I know she's starting to get frustrated. I am going down there tomorrow to spend a couple days with her and hopefully she can come home yet this week.

Wink 11-22-2017 07:51 AM

All of us on here are pulling for her. Keeping the faith.

polaris4me 11-24-2017 12:02 PM

A step back word yesterday for Kathy. The small bites of food did not stay down. She is passing some gas but not near enough. Lot of gas in her belly as well. Has a tube down her nose to get rid of that gas. CT scan to if there is any leakage in her intestine, coming today. Dr said sometimes the bowels take time to work after surgery. She is resting easy today. Me not so much. Patience , is what I need. Trusting her body can handle all this.

ToddMeister 11-24-2017 03:10 PM

Yeah I hope things turn around and Kathy starts feeling better. Hang in there!

polaris4me 11-26-2017 06:35 PM

the little bit of positive progress today. She has had a couple of bowel movements in the last 2 days and has been passing some gas. They took the tube out of her nose and belly today. They have basically been giving her Fluids and some nutrition to IVs. For the last 3 days she has only took and sips of water and some ice cubes that is it. Realized this girl has not eaten any food since a week ago Wednesday. I have been basically going to see her two days in a row and then come home for 2 days. I am going to see her tomorrow after work and I will stay until I can bring her home hopefully very soon. I know she is very frustrated and your anxiety kicks in when that happens. Telling her to be strong and hang in there I know it's easier said than done but she's doing an alright job. Patience that's what we need sometimes that's hard to do.

Wink 11-26-2017 06:56 PM

You're a good husband Kevin. Being there for her as much as you can is the best and only thing you can do. Your patience will help her to keep hers. We are all here for both of you. Keep assuring her that she'll be good for the holidays.

Prayers,
Wink

Snow VP 11-27-2017 10:02 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

polaris4me 11-29-2017 05:42 PM

SHE CAME HOME TODAY! Feeling good with very little pain. She needs to take it very easy for a few weeks. Might be hard for her, she likes to keep busy. Good to have her home. :)

Snow VP 11-29-2017 06:16 PM

Yay! Fantastic News!

:wave: :party: :wave:

Hugs and Kisses from everyone UP North!

ToddMeister 11-30-2017 03:26 PM

Great to hear, Kevin. Thanks for the update. :)

conniver04 11-30-2017 05:35 PM

Great news!!! I bet shes happy to be home!

Floyd 12-05-2017 09:19 AM

Sorry for the delayed response here, but that is wonderful news, Kevin! After all she's been through (and you), I'm sure that seems like an early Christmas gift. Hoping she continues to improve. Dilly dilly!!