Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums

Straits Area Snowmobile Club Forums (http://www.straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trail Conditions (http://www.straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trail Conditions 3-24-08 (http://www.straitsareasnowmobileclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564)

Snow VP 03-24-2008 09:44 AM

Trail Conditions 3-24-08

Well, Iím Baaaaaack! The conditions I have monitored over the last week were all great! The Sun, Surf, Senoritas, and Margaritas were all well tended to that is! :D

A big thanks to Kayla at the Boardwalk Inn for doing a couple of updates while I was away tending to my sanity, and tan. :thumb[1]:

Looking back over the recent weather, and what we have for snow around here, it appears that we had mild conditions while I was gone. Still plenty of snow cover, although we have lost a fair amount in the last 10 days. It also was getting cold at night, so things were firmed back up too. Currently it looks like we have between 1 and 2 feet of snow on the ground, with between 4 and 18 inches on the trail. Off trail, there is still plenty of snow, but at this time, it is mostly packed down, with no powder riding left. Yes, the trails are still in good shape, and will easily last through the week for the last weekend of the season. I talked to a out of town rider last night who had just came in and he indicated that everything was in good shape, with only mild bumps, no bare spots, and no major ice problems to report. I will add that the roads are bare, and the shoulders may be bare, and a bit tough, but that is to be expected for mid-late March riding. Getting to gas in downtown is still possible, with a little pavement here and there. I will get an update from Jimmy D. about grooming later this afternoon for tomorrows post. From what I have seen, the trails do not currently need it, and we will avoid un-necessary grooming to preserve the trails for the weekend.

We even got about 1 inch of new snow Sunday morning to brighten everything up. The forecast is possible rain, but likely snow for late tomorrow night/ Wednesday morning. The question is, can you squeeze out a couple more sick days to get in another ride? You know I will be riding evenings this week, and probably this weekend.

There is exactly 1 week left in the official season. Our trails will defiantly make it that week, looking at the forecast. There is always talk about extending the season if conditions warrant. I will predict that you can ride for another 2 weeks at least, but grooming will end next Monday. They could extend the grooming, but I seriously doubt it due to the budget. I will give you an update on that as soon as I hear it one way our another.

Well it is nice to be back, and hope to see some people this weekend!

ToddMeister 03-24-2008 11:05 AM

Re: Trail Conditions 3-24-08

Glad you had a good trip, Neil, I might try for one more ride UP there this weekend...

SmittyAllSeason 03-24-2008 12:06 PM

Happy to see you had a good time Neil. I would like to get one more trip up this year also. Maybe this weekend can work out. Anybody else going up this weekend?

conniver04 03-24-2008 12:35 PM

Glad you had a good time Neil. We also will be up this weekend one last time.

Griz 03-24-2008 01:44 PM

Wish I could make one more trip UP but alas it's not to be. A little R&R is good for the ole bod. Guess I won't be back till car show. See ya then:waves:

Wink 03-24-2008 03:55 PM

Griz is really going to to the USBC bowling nationals this weekend. Priorities!!!

conniver04 03-24-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wink (Post 3235)
Griz is really going to to the USBC bowling nationals this weekend. Priorities!!!

Good luck to ya Griz down there in New Mexico.

I just seen the forecast and there should be about 14" of fresh snow by Friday:):sledder: Gotta love this global warming.

Wink 03-24-2008 04:29 PM

If I had the money, I'd be up there with ya Kenny. Have fun. Drink a "Blue" for me.

conniver04 03-24-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wink (Post 3237)
If I had the money, I'd be up there with ya Kenny. Have fun. Drink a "Blue" for me.

I haven't had a beer since I got sick up there almost 3 weeks ago at the poker run. In fact my last beer was at the deere feed stop. I am now cleared for a beer so this weekend watch out.

Wink, Wanna go up this weekend? Just get to my house Friday afternoon and your good to go from there:)

Wink 03-24-2008 07:01 PM

My sled's here. Maybe I could go up and just drink. :smilielol

conniver04 03-24-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wink (Post 3242)
My sled's here. Maybe I could go up and just drink. :smilielol

Thats what I was thinking. I would tow yours up but I have to tow my trailer home. I'm sure you can ride Sheila's for awhile and we can just hang out after that:)

Wink 03-24-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniver04 (Post 3244)
Thats what I was thinking. I would tow yours up but I have to tow my trailer home. I'm sure you can ride Sheila's for awhile and we can just hang out after that:)

Thanks for the offer but I won't take away anybody's riding time. If it was me, I wouldn't want mine cut short.

conniver04 03-24-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wink (Post 3245)
Thanks for the offer but I won't take away anybody's riding time. If it was me, I wouldn't want mine cut short.

She's not planning on riding this weekend. We are just planning on going up to clean everything up and bring it all home. If I go ride it will just be a short one on Sat. mostly we are gonna be hanging out and saying good bye and visiting with everyone.

Wink 03-24-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniver04 (Post 3246)
She's not planning on riding this weekend. We are just planning on going up to clean everything up and bring it all home. If I go ride it will just be a short one on Sat. mostly we are gonna be hanging out and saying good bye and visiting with everyone.

I'll call you.

conniver04 03-24-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wink (Post 3247)
I'll call you.

No problem dude.

ToddMeister 03-25-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniver04 (Post 3240)
I haven't had a beer since I got sick up there almost 3 weeks ago at the poker run. In fact my last beer was at the deere feed stop.

Yeah, that was the last time I had a beer, too, Kenny? :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol

Go ahead and post the pic, dude, so everyone can see...

conniver04 03-25-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMeister (Post 3251)
Yeah, that was the last time I had a beer, too, Kenny? :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol

I have to go get my laptop and post that pic:D

polaris4me 03-25-2008 07:04 PM

I am feeling like Wink. I need to stay off this site for awhile.
You guys are killing me! I want to go for one more ride!!!
But just got the C.Card bill for last month:augen41:, damn gas prices, and getting married in 2 months:augen41: . We just can't go.
We will save the miles for next winter.

ToddMeister 03-26-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polaris4me (Post 3278)
But just got the C.Card bill for last month, damn gas prices,

Yeah I looked at what I spent on fuel for Jan and Feb, holy frickin moley :eek:

Was it worth it? Sure!!!!! :cool:

conniver04 03-26-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMeister (Post 3279)
Yeah I looked at what I spent on fuel for Jan and Feb, holy frickin moley :eek:

Was it worth it? Sure!!!!! :cool:

Just don't look. Pay as you go and it doesn't hurt as much:eek: It was like that with my boat. One year I thought I would keep track and I almost had a heart attack:eek: I couldn't have been havingh that much fun

SuperSportJay 03-28-2008 01:29 PM

I'm driving a pickup that gets 17mpg on a 100 mile round trip to work every day ($150+)/week in gas. Then on top of the sleds, the trips, the boat this summer... I'm well on my way to $6000 in fuel for the year. Never had so much fun though... We need to design an sled powered with an electric motor that doesn't weigh 1000lbs...

ToddMeister 03-29-2008 11:26 AM

Yeah how long before we have a "hybrid" snowmobile?????

Could call it a PRILARIS :smilielol

polaris4me 03-29-2008 07:26 PM

Or maybe a " Hybridha " :smilielol

conniver04 03-30-2008 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMeister (Post 3251)

Here it is. Sorry so late.

Notice that is my sled next to Todd with the SQUIRT on it:)

ToddMeister 03-31-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polaris4me (Post 3333)
Or maybe a " Hybridha " :smilielol

or how about a yama-brid??? :rolleyes: