PDA

View Full Version : Group Ride!

indootime
01-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Just wanted to throw an invite out to everyone for a group ride I am hosting on Saturday, February 5th. We will start at the Quality Inn in St Ignace and ride the Straits Trails (100 easy miles) with a ride to Mackinac Island. It will be a slow ride as I am trying to promote & introduce the sport to some that have no idea of what snowmobiling has to offer. If you have some friends that have never gone or only a few times this would be a perfect ride. Knowing we have some "newbies" I will be keeping things slow, safe, picturesque, and fun. However if you are experienced and like to ride a little fast thats fine too as we have a few in the group that will get tired of 40 MPH. After the ride I have reserved Timmy Lee's new banquet room for a private party!

At this point we have 22 riders and counting! The Banquet Room holds 40...We have the room!

If you think you may have an interest in joining please shoot me an email or give me a call.

Pat Jackman
pnljackman@aol.com
586-863-7333

indootime
01-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Neil,

Any chance of getting the trail groomed through town for my big ride? I'm worried about the "Newbies" riding on the road and through the ditch getting to the RR Grade.

Pat

Snow VP
01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I did the Chain Lake portion and through town on Monday night.
If there is enough snow, I will groom the town trail on either Wednesdays or Thursdays.

indootime
01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks Neil! One less thing for me to worry about.

indootime
01-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Well I changed my ride from going up to the Cozy Inn in Brimely to riding our local trails...with that being said does anyone have any ideas for good local stops for pics? Half my group is somewhat new to the sport so I want to show them so picturesque stops without having to ride 120 Miles.

Thanks

Pat

Snow VP
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
So how was the big ride?

I saw the nice post on the ice bridge movie you made. Thought you were going on Sunday?

indootime
02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks Neil. We ended up heading over Saturday because some people wanted to leave early for the Game. 120 Miles on Saturday, with Newbies I thought that was pretty good.

Thanks for the nice job on the trails...my wife and I both commented on how great they were considering what you had to work with.

Pat