PDA

View Full Version : New Toy Box

ToddMeister
11-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Well the new "toy box" was delivered yesterday to the dealer, so today AllSeason and I took a road trip to go pick it up. Ordered at the Novi show two weeks ago.

Neo 7x22 All Aluminum Flat top trailer

Options:
2 3500 lb Torsion Axles w/ Radial tires on Aluminum rims
Finished white interior walls and ceiling
16" on center floor beams
two tone paint and deluxe flush side door
two fuel doors
spare tire

First impressions: wow this thing pulls nice!

A few pics below:

Budget Host Inn & Suites
11-20-2010, 10:34 PM
NICE !!! :cool:

conniver04
11-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice trailer Todd. Those inline's pull great. I love mine.

Wink
11-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Congrats Todd. I think you should have had it painted Scarlet and Gray!!!!

Gunner F5
11-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice trailer Todd. :thumb[1]:

polaris4me
11-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Looks great Todd. Love the rims.

ToddMeister
11-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Almost ready for snow!

Snow VP
11-21-2010, 08:12 PM
SLICK. Most interesting rims I have seen in a while.
I suggest some really good oil based paint to do the floor before it gets all winter messy.

Griz
11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
That's a great looking trailer Todd. Saw those wheels at Novi, pretty kool:cool:

ToddMeister
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah I've been contemplating what to do with teh floor. AllSeason suggested Thompson's with a bit of sand spread on top to maintain foot traction.

Oil based paint is another possibility. What kind do ya suggest?

SLICK. Most interesting rims I have seen in a while.
I suggest some really good oil based paint to do the floor before it gets all winter messy.

ToddMeister
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Yep those wheels are da bomb.

That's a great looking trailer Todd. Saw those wheels at Novi, pretty kool:cool:

Floyd
11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Yep those wheels are da bomb.

The wheels are kicka$$, Todd. I was drooling over them at Novi. I replaced my white/rust colored steel wheels this fall with some aluminum rims, but those really set if off. :cool2[1]: Have you considered putting a locking lugnut on each wheel? Wouldn't want to walk out and find your new trailer sitting on some blocks :eek: . Just a thought. As for the floor, the only thing I did to mine was use Thompson's. I also bought some 1/4" plywood, cut it into 16" strips, and placed it where the tracks run to keep studs from chewing up the main floor. Minimal cost involved, and didn't add much weight. Oh, what was I thinking... Yamatank owners don't care about weight.

ToddMeister
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, Floyd, I think a locking lug on each wheel is a great idea. The 1/4 inch plywood strips to protect the floor from studs is another great idea.

The commercial plastic ski guides and rubber mats are nice, but pricey.

The wheels are kicka$$, Todd. I was drooling over them at Novi. I replaced my white/rust colored steel wheels this fall with some aluminum rims, but those really set if off. :cool2[1]: Have you considered putting a locking lugnut on each wheel? Wouldn't want to walk out and find your new trailer sitting on some blocks :eek: . Just a thought. As for the floor, the only thing I did to mine was use Thompson's. I also bought some 1/4" plywood, cut it into 16" strips, and placed it where the tracks run to keep studs from chewing up the main floor. Minimal cost involved, and didn't add much weight. Oh, what was I thinking... Yamatank owners don't care about weight.

con-fusion
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Floor and ramp door in my legend, has Rino trunk bed lining on it. Holding up great,water proof, durable, non-slip,looks pretty good also.
Just another idea.

SmittyAllSeason
11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey Todd,

I think the rims have a locking lugnut on them. Check the bag that was laying in the trailer when we picked it up. I thought I seen an adapter for the locking nut.

Definately my favorite part of the trailer is the rims.:cool2[1]:

ToddMeister
11-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes you are correct, I will need to check that out. I have to pull the tires to put anti-sieze on the lugs anyways.

Hey Todd,

I think the rims have a locking lugnut on them. Check the bag that was laying in the trailer when we picked it up. I thought I seen an adapter for the locking nut.

Definately my favorite part of the trailer is the rims.:cool2[1]:

polaris4me
11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
That plastic dumpbox liners works good on the ramp from Thumb Truck. The ramp is flat enough that it is not slippery.
What I have on mine is used, so it is roughed up.
Sometimes on a inline trailer the ski guides do not do the job. A smooth surface works better.

Gunner F5
11-23-2010, 12:39 AM
In my inline, I screwed down 1/4" plywood over the existing floor to protect it from studs and carbides.

ToddMeister
11-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm leaning towards doing this, but also putting Thompsons on the existing floor first.

In my inline, I screwed down 1/4" plywood over the existing floor to protect it from studs and carbides.

Gunner F5
11-23-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm leaning towards doing this, but also putting Thompsons on the existing floor first.

Great idea using Thompsons.
After I screwed down the 1/4" plywood, I placed my sleds in the trailer, then marked out where to install the D-rings. Next, I used a router to cut out for the flush mount D-rings, then bolted them in using backing plates on the bottom side of the floor. I know if things go really bad and the trailer rolls over they won't help but they will help keep the load from shifting. I thought about using ski lock down bars but I like a smooth floor for working on my sleds. I do own two Cats.....:D

Floyd
11-24-2010, 09:35 AM
You'll be glad you used Thompson's (or equivalent) before screwing on the plywood strips (I even used it on them). It is a little time consuming, but well worth it. I know that most manufacturers use treated wood on the floors, but I just wanted the peace of mind.

Snow VP
11-26-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree with those guys. You need to use a finish that will either 1) provide a heavy thick barrier, or 2) penetrate well.

After more thought, I would use a penetrating sealer on the main trailer floor, then use the 1/4 ply over top with and decent oil based paint with some sand in it for a ware course. gonna have to check that original plywood underneath every couple of years though cause if moisture gets under the 1/4 then you may have some problems.

Rinoliner would we awesome, but I can't even imagine what that would cost. If you add up the sealer, paint and 1/4, maybe you would be near a home applied kit though.

ToddMeister
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Gonna apply the sealer 2nite, but it has to dry a few days b4 I do anything else.

Then 1/4 Ply over it with some oil based paint w/ sand for traction is teh plan.
Hope to get that done next weekend.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I agree with those guys. You need to use a finish that will either 1) provide a heavy thick barrier, or 2) penetrate well.

After more thought, I would use a penetrating sealer on the main trailer floor, then use the 1/4 ply over top with and decent oil based paint with some sand in it for a ware course. gonna have to check that original plywood underneath every couple of years though cause if moisture gets under the 1/4 then you may have some problems.

Rinoliner would we awesome, but I can't even imagine what that would cost. If you add up the sealer, paint and 1/4, maybe you would be near a home applied kit though.